SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2010
8:00pm
CHRISTINE LAVIN

My 25th Anniversary Concert:
What Was I (EVER!) Thinking?

With special guest
VICKIE RUSSELL
$25 ($22 members)


Christine Lavin My 25th Anniversary Concert: What Was I (EVER!) Thinking? pulls out all stops as Christine reprises some of her early hits while introducing her latest. The concert is vintage Lavin combining signature songs with hilarious story as she recounts the people, events, near disasters and minor miracles that have defined her life and music.

Some of these great road stories find their way into her new book: Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-wha?? There were certain songs from the past that Lavin felt had to be in the concert
including “Summer Weddings”,“Happy Divorce Day,” “Roses From The Wrong Man,” “Bald Headed Men” and “The Kind Of Love You Never Recover From."

"I find it very interesting to revisit songs I wrote decades ago — when I sing ‘Summer Weddings,’ invariably someone in the audience will tell me, ‘I was one of those blushing 30-year-old brides, and we’re still together,’ or ‘I was one of those blushing 30-year-old brides and that was the biggest mistake of my life.’ I'm also finding ‘Happy Divorce Day,’ a song I recorded 15 years ago, is only now finding its audience.”

“ ‘The Kind Of Love You Never Recover From’" continues to be my most requested song, and I never tire of hearing love stories where that song has actually played a crucial part. My career might be an unusual one, but luckily so many of the songs I have written from my own experience resonates with a lot more people than just me!”

If Lavin dips back to the ’80s and ’90s for old times sake, it’s clear her latest songs nail American life and foible squarely on the head. Relationships are still in her sights but with a decidedly new edge as “Stop Sobbing /She’s an Idiot” looks at a doomed marriage from the sidelines. “One Hundred Million American” presses Nation’s hottest buttons. While “The Air Conditioner” and “The Gold Fish Whisperer” are Lavin at her most whimsical, “Attractive Stupid People” leaves no doubt this gimlet-eyed songwriter knows what makes the world go round even as she keeps her audiences doubled over with laughte
r.

Vickie Russell, a touring singer/songwriter based in New Paltz, NY, will open the evening. Vickie performs her stunningly original heartfelt songs on keyboard and guitar. With influences from Bach and Chopin to Carol King, Elton John and Sting, Russell will pull you into her world of love, laughter and hope.

Joined by husband David Michael Peters on guitar, bass and harmonies, this duo will keep you moved and mesmerized. This award winning versatile artist keeps audiences enthralled whether she's taking things slow on painfully honest pop ballads such as Walk Away and Welcome Home, wailing the blues on Manville, or sharing a funny true life story through a country tune like Next.

No comments:


The Fair Lawn Community Center at 10-10 20th Street in Fairl Lawn, NJ

GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY!!

GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY!!
The seats are starting to fill! Our intimate theater seats 170 people - don't be left out - order your tickets today!

THE SECOND FIDDLES at the HURDY GURDY FOLK MUSIC CLUB - June 2010